Comic Book *eye* Candy Part I

Aww yeah, this ones for the ladies (and boys that have man crushes on their favorite comic book characters). This is a little segment I like to call "Comic Book *eye* Candy, or Comic Book Studmeisters". I think it pretty much speaks for itself. Comic book characters that rock my world. Part sex appeal, respect, and of course, features chiseled in ink, these are the men that keep women (and men) wanting more. They keep you reading even if their series becomes less than impressive. How many of you read those Emma Frost minis for the stellar writing? I didn't think so. And you know, I'll throw in the occasional female version of this segment for the male readers, not least of which because *I* have a few girl crushes (helloooo any female characters Gene Ha! gets his hands on). This of course is in no particular order.

Jesse CusterSeries: Preacher
Publisher: DC / Vertigo
If you like: Johnny Depp, James Dean, Buckaroo Banzai, other brooding pretty boys


I don't know a fan of Preacher, male or female, who doesn't have a big fat crush on Jesse Custer, the  titular character of this fantastic Vertigo series. But I'm not here to rave about the series (that will come in the future at some point, it is deserved), rather I'm here to tell you a little bit about the manliest of men, the Preacher himself. He's sensitive yet strong, a sweet Southern gentlemen, and it doesn't hurt that Steve Dillon drew him into one hot fox. Too bad for the gals, he only has eyes for Tulip, his gun toting ex girlfriend. His devotion only adds to his appeal.  He's a wounded soul yet still manages to be one of the most bad-ass characters in all of comic book history. With the power to speak words that must be obeyed, he has the ability to make the ladies swoon on command, but it is totally unnecessary. And if you ladies still aren't convinced, just check out issue 54*.

*On second thought, only RE-READ this issue. I don't recommend starting here.


Future Comic Book *eye* Candy: Jamie Madrox of X-Men fame, Iron-Man of Avengers fame, Jean Grey of dead characters fame.